Membership fulfilment (ongoing)
Availability: This work can be done in your own time.
Time needed: We hope to significantly increase membership this year so we expect the amount of time this role needs to increase as the months go by. Initially we’d expect you to give 1-3 hours a week.
Impact of role: ONE (SINGAPORE) is focused on building awareness about world poverty and the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). More members means more people that know about the issues. To ensure new members commit to us and spread the word about global poverty it’s vital that they have a positive experience of joining ONE (SINGAPORE). You can make this happen.
• Enter data from membership applications into our systems
• Make up and send out packs to new members.
• Follow up new members, by phone and email, if any information is missing.
The people we’re looking for will have:
• Admin and IT skills that let you enter information quickly and precisely.
• Organisational skills that let you make up packs with the right items and information in them and get them out to the correct people.
• A good phone manner and the confidence to talk to new people.
Event packs packers (ad hoc)
Availability: Some of this work can be done in your own time. It may involve you gathering with other helpers on an evening or at a weekend.
Time needed: 2-4 hours on an ad hoc basis whenever we have an event coming up.
Impact of role: When we promote ONE (SINGAPORE) we likely to provide information to potential new members. Our main aim is to raise awareness of global poverty and the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). The packs help spread the word about the issues and help us increase membership.
• Organise the different elements of the pack, collect them from our storage space.
• Make packs up with all the items we need in them
• Report back to exco if stock is getting low.
The person we are looking for will:
• Be tidy and organised.
• Happy to do repetitive tasks – enjoying the easy sense of fulfilment that comes with them.
Website support (ongoing)
Availability: Some of this work can be done in your own time. It will occasionally involve meeting or talking with other members of your team during evenings and weekends.
Time needed: The website is an integral part of ONE (SINGAPORE) so with your skills, we will need you to fulfil at least 5 hours a week.
The impact of this role: Our main aim is to raise awareness about issues of poverty and the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). The website provides the general public and our members with information. If this information is up to date and easy for them to access then they will be able to develop their own awareness and spread the word more easily. Our website also helps us encourage and support people who want to participate in our events and volunteer, the more volunteers we have involved the more work we can do.
• Work with our Webmaster to keep website up to date by inputting and formatting web copy.
The person we’re looking for will:
• Have a good understanding of .php. Flash skills are a plus.
• Be able to work to deadlines so that information on events and any other time sensitive information can be uploaded on time.